I clicked over to this recipe from Chrissy Teigen’s hilarious food blog, So Delushious, a few weeks back and have been pretty happy with that decision lately. I haven’t had much time to cook recently so my dinners have been less than exciting – and less than blog-worthy. Popcorn, anyone?
I sat on the bus home from work drooling over the recipe for spicy sesame noodles and was inspired to make a salad dressing with similar ingredients. It’s pretty similar to the way she prepares the noodles, but I added my favorite chili garlic sauce and peanut butter and omitted the extra oil. I made a kale salad with this dressing and topped it with grilled chicken for dinner tonight… easy and so, so good. Please make this, as soon as possible.
Spicy Sesame Dressing
- 4 Tb Tahini paste
- 3 Tb reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tb rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tb peanut butter
- 1 Tb minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 2 Tb chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tb water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Combine tahini paste, vinegar, soy sauce and peanut butter, mixing until incorporated. It will be a very thick paste, don’t be alarmed.
- Slowly add water a bit at a time and mix until the dressing is the desired consistency.
- Mix in chili garlic sauce, chopped garlic (again – optional!) and sesame seeds.
- Dress your favorite greens!