Happy holiday weekend! We’re ridiculously excited for a long weekend of laying out at the pool at Ali’s (FINALLY!), good food and maybe some beach time mixed in there.
Sometimes the real meaning of the holiday gets lost in all of the first-official-weekend-of-summer-ness… but our grandfather was a soldier and it’s so important to remember why we have a day off. There will never be enough thanks for the members of our Armed Forces and their families who sacrifice so much so that we can enjoy the lives we do.
- On that note, this video of military homecomings really, really puts it in perspective. Get your Kleenex ready!
- Sneaking out of work early today? If you’re in Chicago, head over to Millenium Park to watch Express’ fashion show at the Bean.
- Check out Kate Upton’s editorial at the Beverly Hills Hotel over at Small Shop Studio – so summery!
- Not a burger fan? I’m suddenly craving grilled pizza this weekend with lots of roasted veggies and goat cheese… yum!
- Save the calories for margaritas and avoid holiday-weekend-binge guilt come Tuesday with these realistic healthy snack options.