It is 80 degrees in Chicago today. 80. This is madness, and I love it. I rarely take a lunch at work but today I escaped for a quick walk on the river. Here’s a few photos I snapped along the way:
Clockwise from top left: underneath the Columbus Ave. bridge, the tents set up outside Lizzie McNeal’s for this weekend’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities, the ridiculously clear skies over the city from the east, can you spot Marilyn?
Hope you’re blessed with great weather too, wherever you are! Here’s what caught my attention this week:
- Paul Virant’s Perennial Virant in Lincoln Park is one of my favorite restaurants here in Chicago. Food & Wine featured his recipe for Corn-and-Chanterelle Crostini this week.
- Hot new place to be in Grand Forks, North Dakota – maybe worth a road trip? “Olive” something… Long-awaited Olive Garden Receives Warm Welcome. God bless Chicago’s food scene.
- Photographs of the fictional planet Areth, by artist Adam Ryder – so cool. Areth: An Architectural Atlas.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z’s kid had no chance of being anything less than awesome. I mean…. coordinating cat and mouse shoes? Cutest ever.
- Jennifer Lawrence compares the Hunger Games to watching the Kardashians. Ugh, I’m totally one of those jerks at the Capitol.
- Pick of the week! > Via Ali 🙂 Hilariously and embarassingly true video: Things That Seem Normal When You Live Alone .