When I saw signed into Spotify this morning at work and smack dab in the middle of the homepage sat Justin Bieber’s new Christmas album just begging for me to (silently) rock out all day… I knew it had started.
I KNOW its early and we just got done with Halloween. But…
I LOVE the holidays. I always have. I remember Christmases when Al and I still believed in Santa, laying in bed and genuinely feeling like I was going to throw up of excitement. Ali’s bed had a better view of the door, which we were permitted to keep open only a CRACK and we had the same conversation, on repeat, for about 3 hours:
Me, whispering: “Do you see him?”
Ali, whispering: “No. I don’t think so. Wait…”
Me, screaming: “WHAT! DO YOU SEE HIM!”
Ali: “Oh. No. Sorry.”
This was followed by idle threats of coal in stockings or no Christmas cookies in the morning.
Its not quite the same these days, but in all honesty… thanks to the Bieber baby, I totally felt a touch of that same I’m-going-to-barf-excitement this morning.
On my must-do list for the 2011 holiday season:
- Ornament shopping and drinking hot mulled wine out of a tiny boot at the Christkindlmarkt downtown
- Holiday dinner potluck with friends
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
- Endless games of Mexican Train Dominos with the family over the actual holiday weekend
- Taking in the obscene and amazing Christmas decor at Butch McGuire’s
- Spending as much time as possible with family and friends
- Putting pinterest time to good use and creating some unique decorations and crafts