I have been decidedly anti when it comes to the high-low look, or as I like to call it, the reverse mullet. Party in front, business in back! Until all of a sudden, I’m decidedly pro. I attribute this sudden change of heart to the many cute girls rocking their high-low skirts on Michigan Ave, Pinterest, and a deep desire to use the phrase “party in front, business in back” at least a few times this summer.
We are big on traditions in our family, and tonight we’re partaking in one of our absolute FAVORITE traditions for Laura’s birthday next week – birthdays at home. A few years back we realized that birthday dinners at our parents’ place suit us much better than a dinner out; we can all hang out in comfy clothes and just catch up over drinks and great food together. This particular celebration promises to be even better than usual (we didn’t think that was possible) because we’re also celebrating Father’s Day a few days early!
We got our love of champagne from our mama, it’s the perfect weather for dining al fresco, and we don’t want to assume anything, but OFTEN times said celebrations involve seafood of some sort… so tonight promises to be pretty much the best kick-off to a weekend ever with the people we love the most! We hope yours gets off to an equally awesome start.
Some fun reads for your Friday afternoon:
- Can we please have every. single. item in Amanda Uprichard’s summer collection?
- We want to live here! The Australian Cloud House
- Conan’s in town – check out this hilarious clip of Jack McBreyer from 30 Rock visiting Chicago’s infamous Wiener’s Circle
- Speaking of funny in Chicago, the lineup for TBS’ Just for Laughs Festival is here for comedy fans
- Our favorite meal of the day – a great roundup from Michigan Avenue Magazine of Chicago’s Best Brunches