Molly, our Chicago neighbor and favorite blog friend, nominated us for a Liebster Blog award and we thought that’d be a fun (if not gratuitous) way to tell you a little bit more about us and hopefully get to know some of you better, too!
If you’re curious, The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. According to Molly, the meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Thanks, Molly :) We ARE awfully pleasant and endearing…
Aaaand, we’re off:
- What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Laura: The Vow – I had sky-high expectations that it would be as amazing as The Notebook… notsomuch.
Alison: The Ides of March – the day I like to refer to as the beginning of an endless, passionate Ryan Gosling obsession.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
Laura: At the moment, I have no earthly idea! I do know that I want to work for myself, do something that requires creativity on a daily basis, and most importantly, be helping people somehow. If you know what this magical career is, I’d love your input!
Alison: Paula Deen, less the ‘ham-to-the-face’ incident of 2011.
- What would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike bar?
Laura: Watch The Vow again. Now… ask me what I’d do for an ice cream cookie sandwich…
Alison: Slap the person who got the song stuck in my head! Oh, do FOR a Klondike bar? Not much, my system hates dairy :)
- Superman, Batman or Iron man?
Laura: Though I’m pretty sure this isn’t what Molly intended for the question, I would like to be Superman! He’s the only one that can fly, right?
Alison: I think Batman can fly, right? I don’t know, I was distracted by Christian Bale the whole time. Dashing mogul by day, hero by night? Batman all the way.
- How many brothers and sisters do you have and where are you in the birth order?
Laura: I’m the older sister to Ali and our brother Kenny. I’ve read that being the oldest makes you the responsible one by nature, but I think both of my siblings would strongly contest that! I do have a major care-taking gene, though, so maybe we can attribute that to my birth order.
Alison: As Urban Dictionary defines middle-child syndrome: ‘In short its where the older child gets all the awards, the younger gets all the love, and the middle gets nothing.’ Sing it, sister.
- What is your favorite season?
Laura: SUMMER – I fall a little more in love with Chicago in the summer every. single. year.
Alison: Definitely summer – it’s basically the only reason any of us can live in this city without going crazy.
- Are you more of an early riser or a night owl?
Laura: Night owl – I hit snooze no less than 6 times every morning.
Alison: Early riser – I like waking up with the sun!
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Laura: Ali thought of it – mentioning Chicago was important to us, and we wanted to somehow work in the sister angle without being quite so literal. I love it!
Alison: I was inspired by VH1′s ‘I love the [insert decade here]‘ series.
- What’s one thing you’ve accomplished that you want to brag about? Go ahead! Brag!
Laura: I’m pretty proud of Ali and I for committing to this blog for nearly a year now! It’s almost our blogiversary and I love reading back through the posts.
Alison: I’ve managed to stave off the dreaded Facebook timeline for nearly a year now. Looking at my neat, clean, blue and white profile fills my heart with pride.
- What book are you reading right now?
Laura: I just finished The $100 Startup by Chris Gullibeau – it was seriously awesome and has definitely put the itch in my head that I NEED to work for myself someday. (Hence – vague answer to #2 :))
Alison: It depends on the activity: for the beach: Bag of Bones by Stephen King; for the el: Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger; for the bed: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers.
- What would you consider your signature color?
Laura: Red! I think this ties back to when Ali and I were little – we were so close in age we’d always receive similar gifts and often, I’d get a red version and Ali would get blue. It’s stuck with me and I love red in clothing, decor and design.
Alison: Black. In fact, I was recently called out at work for wearing a black dress no less than 8 days in a row. I think it’s classic.
Now it’s our turn! We’re tagging the following the following blogs to answer OUR questions:
1. If you had to lose one sense, which one would you lose and why?
2. Make the soundtrack to your life: what three songs would you consider your defining anthems?
3. What’s the best thing you ever ate?
4. If you had to wear gym shoes for a week straight or stilettos for a week straight, which would you choose?
5. Which reality star would you most want to spend 24 hours with?
6. What did you want to be when you were 8? 16?
7. If you had a signature cupcake, what would the flavor be?
8. What did you used to get in trouble for as a child? We all had that thing that mom would CONSTANTLY scold us for! (“THINK before you speak, Alison”)
9. What’s the weirdest TV infomercial you’ve been sucked into? I know you have a dirty slap chop thrown somewhere in your kitchen cabinet! Yoshi blade? Pajama Jeans? Flex Seal? I know I wasn’t the only one that ended up with 4 bake-pop pans!
10. If you were on a reality TV show, what would the title be?
11. Do you have Bieber Fever?
- The Design Daredevil
- Life & Sunshine
- Smart & Sassy With Sprinkles
- Food + Foto
- The CHICago Life
- Simply Evani
- Life by Sofie
- YOUR BLOG – we’d love to hear from everyone!
* Some of you may have more than 200 followers – sorry! We really don’t know but would love to read your answers! :)